Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blaahh

I visited one factory last Thursday. After the visit, the manager and the accountant brought us to Secret Recipe, for some drinks.

Of course we chatted, from business to our life. But the one thing that I would like to highlight is their comment on their difficulties to get the right candidates for their factory.

They commented that the young generation/graduates are not loyal, and are not able to communicate in English well...hmmm...biase dengar kan?

I would say that generally the new graduates are not good in communication, be it in English or BM. Maybe it is the way we were raised. We were never thought to speak properly. We use our Bahasa Pasar. Contoh terbaik : Blog ini.

As a result, we are unable to express our thoughts/ideas properly.

I would advice the younger generation to read more good materials, be it in English or BM. Spend money to buy newspaper and allocate time to read. To improve your vocabulary, always refer to dictionary, and please, use the English-English dictionary.

Since I am the youngest in my family, I was exposed with reading materials since I was small. I started to read my sister's form 6 novels when I was 7-8 years old. Though it was rather heavy, but I was exposed with good books, good writers. I started to know A.Samad Ismail, Shahnon Ahmad and other famous novelist at a very young age.

When I was a little older, I started to read English novels. Mills and Boon and many more. I developed my vocabulary through reading these novels.

But I hardly read any of the Malay Novels (yang cerita cinta tu). Yes, I do know who Ahadiat Akashah is, but I have never read his novel...hikss

I read all sort of materials including the majalah hiburan, I was once very surprised when a friend of mine do not know a thing about the entertainment world..maybe because she does not have any older siblings to expose her.

hmmm, melalut?

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how good your result is, but if you are not able to express yourself, to convince the interviewer of what you are capable of, it will be very hard for you to find a job. It's a challenging world out there, you guys better be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment