Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's almost holiday

I do not feel like working this week actually because I am already in my holiday mood. But then, yesterday, my boss sent me a note saying 'Please finish up your minute as soon as possible. I would want to see it before the raya'. Goodness! I have two minutes to finish and one minit ceraian to complete within less than 2 days. In between there are boxes of checks which I have to sign. And I must say I am new in this 'minit ceraian' and 'meeting minutes' thing. Ask me to generate figures, tables, statistical analysis, I can do it in no time, but then to write.. seriously... help.

Anyway, I decided to take home the work and if I'm lucky maybe I could get Shuk to assist me. Shuk said minutes is easy, just report everything..huh..

..................................................................................
Since we are going back to Chemor on Saturday, we decided to prepare whatever we could remember from Shah Alam. We went to TESCO last night and bought thousand and one thing, from rice to toothpaste, butter, detergent, everything that came to our mind. Tomorrow Shuk is going to buy some chicken, the chicken will join our journey to Chemor on Saturday.
.................................................................................

After coming back from TESCO, I forced myself to look at my minutes. I forced Shuk to look at my minutes. Shuk who boast that minutes are easy suddenly chickened out..He said, yours are complicated cikbib, but I know you can do it. Let me just give you some moral support, I accompany you! Huh! (let me get this clear, accompany is to sleep beside me while I was doing my work)

The tired me managed to maintain my eyes open until 2.30. Yup, though not complete, it was 80% done.


I finally have had everything ready before lunch. Encik Mat thanked me but he hasn't got the chance to go through it yet. He asked me to forward him the softcopy...I am sooo relieved.

and as for the other minutes yesterday (which I managed to complete earlier), Encik Mat has returned it full with his comments...I could not help but smile, how could I compare his standard of language, who am I. I just would take this as an opportunity to learn and enjoy it somehow. Thank you Encik Mat, just bare with this girl who has spent 13 years of her life doing nothing else but Statistics.

1 comment: